World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

Prilbert
Contributor
Contributor
OMG I love you. Thank you. I’ve been in communication with PayPal for almost a week in myriad ways and all I’ve ever gotten was that they were aware of the issue and are working on it.
Login to Me Too

brittwil73
Contributor
Contributor
Worked perfectly! Thank you.
Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Woodywood19
Contributor
Contributor
ya I recieved one for $50. I've contacted customer service multiple times since the cancel button doesn't work. All I'm told is, "well don't hit the pay button and you'll be fine" Pretty ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

@Woodywood19 You will be fine. Also, we have explained how to workaround the cancel bug. Read the thread you're posting on.

Login to Me Too

loriinisleton
New Community Member

I got an invoice for $35 and I am livid.  How many elderly victims fall for this because they think an invoice is a legitimate bill? Paypal needs to stop this

Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

@loriinisleton They're not going to stop it. The ability to send an invoice to anyone with an email address is a main, heavily used feature of Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Klein699
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else received a invoice for $50 from the World Health Org? Its forcing me to donate money. How do I block it and delete ree
Login to Me Too

jeepjsm
Contributor
Contributor

I have read where a lot of people have been having this problem. I figure it is a scam. Some say ignore it and it just goes away. However, I was able to click on an arrow beside the invoice and it took me to a page where I could cancel the invoice, which is what I did. I have also reported it to Paypal, but I don't think they are doing anything about it. Which is a shame.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.