World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

StaceyMac
Contributor
Contributor
You’re more than welcome! Someone told me about it and I just passed it on to you. Do you know less than 2 hours later, another one showed up from the “IRS” for $100? Cancelled that one too and then changed my password. Hasn’t happened since.
Login to Me Too

Wilms2
New Community Member
Received an invoice from the world Health Organization definitely not paying it
Login to Me Too

User006
Contributor
Contributor

I also got the RONEE DIZON $50 invoice on 8/14:

Help Families Around The World-COVID-19 Relief Fund
Response Fund for WHO COVID-19 Solidarity

<removed>

From the main account page I can select Actions and choose 'Cancel"

Login to Me Too

Glewin81
Contributor
Contributor
I received an invoice for something I have never requested. It's a $50 donation to an organization and PayPal won't let me dispute it. What do I do? Can I just ignore it?
Login to Me Too

Boswella
Contributor
Contributor

Let me guess - WHO? I received it too and it won't let me dispute it either. Paypall if you read this this is an unsolicied request sent to users. Please remove these invalid invoices from out accounts

Login to Me Too

Glewin81
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! Hopefully PayPal figured it out and deletes the "invoice"
Login to Me Too

Boswella
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal through Chat and they told me to block the person - funny thing - the person doesn't exist to block. I contacted them again - will update you when I know more.

Login to Me Too

Boswella
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again, They are not being very helpful - I suggest you also IM them so they know I am not a one off instance of this fraudulaent scam request. I told them there was another member on the chat board that had also been charged. The Customer Service guy just keeps repeating himself. I have come back to him again stating this non exixtant person is using thier site for fraud, shouldn't he be able to do something on his end, since it has now been reported and I can't block a non-exitant person. Good Luck - if you see the invoice has moved down is is now 'pending'.

Login to Me Too

BAMBI5

You aren't one-off. As of this moment, there are 28 pages about this issue. Is PayPal paying attention?

Login to Me Too

cangold122
Contributor
Contributor
Solicitation for $50 from world health organization Invoice from Help Families Around The World-COVID-19 Relief Fund. Why did PayPal put this in my account? I do NOT want to pay this or have it in my account. I’ve tried messaging PayPal and had no luck whatsoever. I don’t pay solicitors
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.