World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

janie-g
New Community Member

Got it! Thank you. (The cancel button is kind of buried.)

Login to Me Too

russojar
Contributor
Contributor

Activity

Recent Activity

Select the Invoice

Actions

Cancel

Yes

Login to Me Too

tnahowru
New Community Member
Me too! Exact same thing happened to me today.
Login to Me Too

Brandonl1
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve got the same request for the same amount by the same person I’m trying to figure out how to refuse it and delete it
Login to Me Too

Smald843
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, was anyone else charged $50 for COVID relief on 8/17? What is this charge and why is PayPal invoicing me?
Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

@Smald843 You weren't charged anything. Its an invoice. Don't pay it. Read the thread. 

Login to Me Too

Kattrenee
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to figure out how to cancel this invoice for some reason I’m being asked to send money to World health organization claiming to be them I want to cancel this and it won’t let me has anyone else seen this

Login to Me Too

BigDaddyL
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter received this as well - clearly a scam.  Dispute and alert PayPal

Login to Me Too

brittwil73
Contributor
Contributor

I received one today for $20 that does not allow me to cancel.  It says pending.  Anyone resolve this yet?

Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
I am also unable to cancel and dispute this invoice. I did not authorize a donation to WHO and have not visited their website. Paypal help bot states that per user agreement a dispute is not possible.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.