World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

amydionne
Same issue with me click the cancel button it redirects you back to the invoice.
Login to Me Too

FatesWebb
Contributor
Contributor
Please be a little more vague. Wouldn't want anyone else following the exact same steps as you did. 🙄
Login to Me Too

g384
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  Requester's name is "Ronee <removed>"(?)

Login to Me Too

NCcajun
New Community Member

That's the name on mine as well.  Very unsettling.  

Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

@g384 wrote:

Same here.  Requester's name is "Ronee <removed>"(?)

WOW.....the name doesn't appear on mine, and nobody has mentioned it before you. Sounds like somebody is using his name...he's an MMA fighter. and thats a very particular spelling. It may be that others are jumping on this, or that the person thats been doing it has **bleep** up. 

Login to Me Too

FedUp24
Contributor
Contributor

Without a doubt Scammers are exploiting the lack or security in the PayPal invoice system, and PP have been truly caught out and are they are NOT doing anything to stop it. It shows me that they are just a mickey mouse company and by no means a bank

They could easily deploy measures to check the originator or scan the pdf invoice .

Hit Paypal where it hurts by ditching them

Login to Me Too

Allhest
Did anyone notice the mention of a “charity” organization by the name of Baitulmaal? A quick internet search show this to be an organization in Texas that has been linked to the terrorist organization Hamas. Read this: https://www.meforum.org/7597/it-time-to-prosecute-terror-finance-again
Login to Me Too

TinmanTweetie
Same here, 'Ronee Dizon'.
Login to Me Too

cherrycakes
Contributor
Contributor
I also got a $50 invoice for Covid from "Ronee Dixon" Once I pay off my PayPal credit I'm shutting down my account. This is ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Kimmy0221
Contributor
Contributor
I got a invoice for $50 from the World Health Organization on my paypal accout today. I contacted paypal but I haven't heard anything.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.