cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Invoice from--COVID-19 Relief Fund - Help Families Around The World

Same issue with me click the cancel button it redirects you back to the invoice.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Invoice from--COVID-19 Relief Fund - Help Families Around The World

Please be a little more vague. Wouldn't want anyone else following the exact same steps as you did. 🙄
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

Same here.  Requester's name is "Ronee <removed>"(?)

Highlighted
New Community Member

That's the name on mine as well.  Very unsettling.  

Highlighted
Contributor

@g384 wrote:

Same here.  Requester's name is "Ronee <removed>"(?)

WOW.....the name doesn't appear on mine, and nobody has mentioned it before you. Sounds like somebody is using his name...he's an MMA fighter. and thats a very particular spelling. It may be that others are jumping on this, or that the person thats been doing it has **bleep** up. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Without a doubt Scammers are exploiting the lack or security in the PayPal invoice system, and PP have been truly caught out and are they are NOT doing anything to stop it. It shows me that they are just a mickey mouse company and by no means a bank

They could easily deploy measures to check the originator or scan the pdf invoice .

Hit Paypal where it hurts by ditching them

Highlighted

Did anyone notice the mention of a “charity” organization by the name of Baitulmaal? A quick internet search show this to be an organization in Texas that has been linked to the terrorist organization Hamas. Read this: https://www.meforum.org/7597/it-time-to-prosecute-terror-finance-again
Highlighted

Same here, 'Ronee Dizon'.
Highlighted
Contributor

I also got a $50 invoice for Covid from "Ronee Dixon" Once I pay off my PayPal credit I'm shutting down my account. This is ridiculous
Highlighted
Contributor

I got a invoice for $50 from the World Health Organization on my paypal accout today. I contacted paypal but I haven't heard anything.