World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

almightythor
Contributor
Contributor

no they don't I reported fraud to that twitter account on 8/1/2020 and they haven't even replied to my message yet. When I try to report fraud in the USA it just plays a recording that the phone number is not working. When I try to send a secure message I get a reply from a foreign country that doesn't understand my email or request. I don't know why paypal hates the customers in the USA so much that they won't even give us support in our own country to report legal issues to but there are other companies out there. I tried to tell people what is happening and get this!!!:

Paypal is going through and deleting all of my social and community posts within 24 hours!! Can you believe it? They have plenty of staff for censoring free speech and whistleblowers but they have no one that can help with fraud??? 

They have not replied to my fraud case in three days, still hold part of my money, wanted to charge me to deposit the money back into my bank after they stole from me, and they have not yet got one person to call me to get the bank charges refunded. They have plenty of staff for censoring any negative comments they are right on top of it! But when it comes to fraud they all turn their back on the USA victims while the foreign customer support staff is just laughing it up and they won't even call me. It's funny that paypal is investing in censorship while they refuse to even help people that report fraud to them.

Login to Me Too

Midiot
Contributor
Contributor

My "Invoice" was for $50!

I will alert the issuer of the VISA Card which supports my PayPal transactions.

How lame is this scammer.

Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

I am the OP of this entire thread. The WHO responded after several days that it's a fraud, but Paypal website stated it was a LEGIT invoice and they do not allow to report it.

Login to Me Too

Carollewton
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot get ‘this invoice off my pending g account either and pay pal don’t really want to know about it but surely it means our accounts at pay pal have been accessed fraudulently
Login to Me Too

derpydarroh
Contributor
Contributor
I too have a pending invoice that I never authorized and am certain it is fraudulent. I have attempted several times to cancel/report/dispute it & etc. only to be rerouted to the same screens either requiring me to PAY or stating that PayPal will not allow me to dispute it and so forth. I called just a few minutes ago and after being tossed around by PayPal’s automated “help”, without ever even speaking to someone or finally coming to an agreement with the AI about the reason why I am calling, the automated voice said PayPal cannot at this time deal with my request or give it resolution yada yada and the system hung up & ended my call. I continue to have issues every year with PayPal—I’m done. I am closing my account. (..which I am quite sure will be just as big of a hassle and inconvenience.)
Login to Me Too

Wdk2
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same fraudulent invoice from WHO COVID-19 Fund. The APP on iPhone would not let me do anything to get rid of it but on my computer I was able to cancel it. Don’t know why the APP doesn’t allow it. Hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly! Paypal did not allow me to report this WHO "invoice".

Login to Me Too

bigdogs
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue.  Spent an hour online with paypal which refused to do anything to eliminate the invoice.  

Login to Me Too

BubbyS
New Community Member

I got this email yesterday. I believed it to be a scam too, so I deleted the email. It was after reading your question, that I checked my PayPal Acct. and sure enough there was an invoice. I was unable to do anything about it via the PayPal App on my phone. So I logged in on an actual computer, to my acct. I selected the "Activity" tab above and it pulled up my invoices. There was a cancel tab on this invoice, so I clicked it, and it brought up a box, filled out the info and it cancels the invoice. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

koochikanah
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is dated 8/10/2020 for $50.00.  No option to cancel.  It says pending.  Also, I tried contacting Paypal via chat, it said some BS that the email is from them.  Wth?  Isnt this solicititing?  I am about to cancel my account entirely. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.