World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

Cplofhds
The same thing happened to me, I tried to cancel it but keeps bringing me to the payment screen.
Login to Me Too

AngelEyez1234
I can’t cancel either and when I try to report it to pay pal says they don’t take requests for that so I responded to the email I got who knows 🙃
Login to Me Too

UnfairNothappy
Contributor
Contributor
Mine still won’t cancel been trying all day .\ /.
Login to Me Too

djboca
Contributor
Contributor

How did you manage to cancel this VERY bad invoice?

Login to Me Too

docPboston
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same and I'm unable to cancel this invoice.  How did you do that, not easy to find on Paypal help services.    Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

ibsandy2u
Contributor
Contributor

@docPboston 

Here's how to cancel a money request or invoice:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click Activity near the top of the page.

3. Find the request or invoice you want to cancel.

4. Select Cancel under "Actions."

5. Click Yes or Send Cancellation.

Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has the power to close the offender's account, but for some reason they choose not to. Some years ago I made a purchase for plants but the seller never shipped them to me neither responded. Upon my request Paypal refunded the money to me but did not close the offending Paypal account. I used to send the offender $1 each year to test whether their account was closed by Paypal but it was still open years after the incident. Perhaps it is profitable to keep such scamming accounts open? Ebay does that too; they allow scammers to continue their activities even if they register a new different username and account. Not everyone is honest  in this game where billions of dollars are at stake.

Login to Me Too

iought2bworking
Contributor
Contributor

How were you able to cancel the fake invoice from the World Health Organization? I can't find any way to do that and PayPal won't let you open a dispute.

Login to Me Too

LH129
How did you cancel. I don’t see the option. I think they did take money from me
Login to Me Too

TDPD
I have an invoice for 50.00 for WHO in response to covid. I can’t cancel the invoice and when I try to report it says I can’t as it goes against PayPal’s terms of service?!?! I didn’t authorize a $50 charge/donation. This needs to be corrected!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.