World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

Prilbert
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the following response from PayPal through Help messaging

I apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are already aware of the ongoing bug.- unable to cancel an invoice. I've escalated your issue to them. Rest assured that they will be prioritizing this as soon as possible and you will be getting an email once there is a result.

I have already submitted your account to the ones affected by this bug.
Login to Me Too

PaniSvet
Please add me. I was sent an invoice last night and I never interacted with the WHO or agreed to any kind of donation. I haven’t been able to open a dispute with PayPal
Login to Me Too

cdiller03
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I've been invoiced for $50 and have never agreed to this donation. I've tried to figure out how to resolve this and am not sure how to dispute it.

Login to Me Too

Mike1953CA
Contributor
Contributor
It’s fraud. No doubt and I was able to delete the invoice before it was paid.....took several attempts.
Login to Me Too

Amyluvslife
Contributor
Contributor
I did and it made me feel violated and so very angry 😤 Why did PayPal give them our names! They need to do something about this scam. Some people are going to pay it not knowing better.
Login to Me Too

Mike1953CA
Contributor
Contributor

I'm considering canceling my account.  What do I need it for except for Ebay.  There must be another way to pay an eBay transaction other than PayPal.  Who needs this and this should have never occurred.  Terrible.

Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor

Nearly hit that pay invoice button a few times while running circles in the paypal help menu myself. It is very unprofessional to say the least. 

Login to Me Too

Mike1953CA
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have and cannot cancel the transaction.  Never pledged any monies to them.  I'm being asked to donate $20.00. No way I'm going to give the a dime.

Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor

There are enough of us to push back. Effectively. The WHO will remain on my suspicious charitable organizations forever it seems. 

Login to Me Too

Prilbert
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Can't cancel it.  Does anyone know what happens to an unpaid invoice?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.