World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

rbhaala
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I've tried to delete and dispute...can do neither. Seriously, PayPal. I left once before due to PayPal's inability to stop spammers. Looks like I may leave again. But no way am I paying an invoice from any government agency. 

Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
Read through legal again and gather a dispute case can not be opened on an open invoice. I am assuming it will be disputable if in fact a transaction occurs.
Login to Me Too

Kattrenee
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not sure what we’re supposed to do I’ve been trying to do the dispute myself I don’t want them to try to take money from my account however I don’t think I have a permanently saved card on my Files so hopefully they can’t get to my money but I don’t want to donate no money
Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
I feel you. My scam radar went off immediately. Many are complaining about the same on their twitter, Facebook etc. If it is not fraud then the WHO strong arming donations is anyway.
Login to Me Too

Amyluvslife
Contributor
Contributor
Of the same mind here, Scam.
Login to Me Too

Mike1953CA
Contributor
Contributor

Yes...information from following links:

https://www.shastarcf.org/funds/covid-19

Login to Me Too

Mike1953CA
Contributor
Contributor

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
The hyperlink on invoice took me to the info page for the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO but invoice states it is the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Login to Me Too

Altamarine
Contributor
Contributor
I received it. I’m not even sure it’s not a scam so why would I pay? It’s also in US funds which with the exchange rate adds up to quite a bit more than $20
Login to Me Too

Becva
I am assuming it is a scam and not anything to do with WHO. It would be nice if PayPal could flag this - surely there is a way for them to validate the invoice sender here?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.