Wondering how many others have been ripped off by ilovecamping.us The hydraulic tents

lizstang
Contributor
Contributor

I have just been burned by ilovecamping.us, I am wondering how many other people here have been as well. There is a FB page with over 50 that were burned just this past week! The company is FRAUD, they advertise a tent with hydraulics, when it's check out time you have to add an additional $10.00 for this feature. After 5 weeks the merchandise comes in and its nothing, nothing at all what they are selling on the website! As a matter of fact they don't even have this tent on their website! It's a cheap pop up tent that doesn't even look beach worthy! I disputed this, they sent back that I could return it by using two carriers, on my dime, and if it is returned satisfactorily they may refund me my money! Well the shipping is more then the tents, (yes I bought two) price that I paid for them! I have heard from others that Paypal doesn't back up us consumers on this transaction. 

Looking for others information?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Ljmharper
Same exact issue here. I recieved a cheap tent that is 100% NOT what I ordered. Paypal has not once asked for picture proof, and seems to have sided with the seller, as I now have the option of paying $150 CAD to send it back to China to get my $92 CAD refund. Or cancel my claim. A quick google search reveals just how many of us have been scammed by this website. I can guarantee we aren't the only two with claims with Paypal. I find it interesting that Paypal isn't just automatically refunding.
Login to Me Too

lizstang
Contributor
Contributor

I am very disappointed with Paypal, no we aren't the only two, there is a whole thread of people on FB that have been ripped off by this company AND paypal as well, being that they aren't defending anyone that has been scammed by this company. I will not be using paypal again after this. Going to switch to the other company that does the same thing. I stuck with paypal because I always thought they stood behind the consumers when there was fraud.

Login to Me Too

LCARP012
Contributor
Contributor

No help to me as well and have been a member since 2009. I am canceling PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lizstang
Contributor
Contributor

I refuse to use Paypal ever again!!!! I didn't cancel my membership in hopes that someone comes up with a resolution. Paypal has done nothing but have a deaf ear on this whole dispute. I refuse to give them my services ever again!

Login to Me Too

Rosynovate
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with everyone here.  I plan to call PAYPAL operator tomorrow and complain.  PAYPAL has the ability to stop allowing this vendor to continue to allow payment via PAYPAL.  On the vendor website it says if the product is NOT HIGH VALUE it does not need to be returned but they have recently changed it to say it is up to them and high value is $70.  The cost for the tent is 69.99 and since they refuse to respond to consumers when we complain I think they give up their right to force anyone to return the product.  They count on the fact that most people do not want to pay to return it so they get to keep the money and we as consumers are stuck with garbage.  PAYPAL is COMPLICIT in this rip off scheme if they continue to allow the vendor to use their payment service knowing it is a scam.  By my quick estimate of the number of complaints I have seen, they (the Moyles tent vendor) have made $1,000s on this scam.   PAYPAL should be concerned that their reputation is being tarnished by this unscrupulous vendor!!!!  If PAYPAL does the right thing after I discuss via phone, I will gladly update this comment!

Login to Me Too

lizstang
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck, looking forward to what they tell you. I called and the operator agreed with me that I shouldn't have to pay shipping, he made it sound like he was giving me a shipping label! Asked for my email, so by the end of the conversation I thought I was satisfied, that I was going to be able to ship these two pieces of crap back. Well I got my email the next day, where Paypal was "giving" me a $30.00 credit towards shipping.. I went to UPS, it was only going to cost $355.00 to ship back to China!!!  So only $325 would be coming out of my pocket to get 99.98 back! I am so done with Paypal! If you go on Ilovecamping.us site you can STILL use Paypal to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

LCARP012
Contributor
Contributor

Did PayPal end up doing the right thing? They closed my case in seller's favor. I am canceling PayPal and have been a member since 2009.

Login to Me Too

jaguart
New Community Member

I have written a report on https://www.ripoffreport.com/ and I have notified facebook. I think the only thing that we can do is make it more known so that it brings attention to the situation. There has got to be some type of recourse somewhere......paypal should definitely look further into this matter. There is power in numbers.

Login to Me Too

lizstang
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that link, I also wrote to them as well. https://www.ripoffreport.com

Hoping something comes out of this! I just went on their site again and YOU CAN STILL pay through paypal!! 

Paypal keeps giving me badges for commenting on the community page.  I am so done with them as well! Only staying to see what others are doing about this fraud!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.