Won a case, do i have to send the item back?

bilalkarakaya
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

I recently bought a laptop and it came with a major display damage. The seller didn´t mentioned that it was a damaged laptop. So i opened a case on Paypal and won. I claimed it as "item not as described". As i mentioned the case was closed in my favor. But paypal didn´t texted me if i have to send the laptop back to the owner. The only email i got was, that i would get my money in 5 workdays back. Now I´m not sure what to do. I wanted to call the customer service but I´m not in my homecountry and the call would be to expensive. Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bilalkarakaya 

Paypal will normally ask you to return any item back to the seller and give them a tracking number to prove delivery before you get a refund BUT that is normally only as long as the seller responded to the dispute/claim.

If the seller did not respond and paypal did not ask you to return it then don't, you can offer to send it back to the seller AFTER you have your refund as long as they send you postage costs or a shipping label.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bilalkarakaya
Contributor
Contributor
Okey so i got the refund on my bank Account today. But i cant communicate with the seller he does not respond and i dont know where to send the item back. And i didnt got a Retoure code from paypal. So di keep it? And if i keep the item has the seller the right to say in a few weeks that he wants the item back? Thank you in Advance.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.