Withheld funds - Paypal not adhering to their own rules

Benzonic
Contributor
Contributor

When will my funds be released

My funds have been withheld since April 2019.

I have had no disputes and no fraudulent activity. 

I have uploaded all the documents (numerous times).  History below. 

April 18 2019 Paypal notification “funds on hold for 180 days”

Phone call to Paypal – No reason for holding funds

October 28 2019 – Paypal (Edward) said I need to upload ID & proof of address) This was done via link

November 18 2019 – email to Paypal – No reply

January 30 2020 – Phone call to Paypal – Told to upload ID & Proof of address again. Documents uploaded again

February 5 2020 – No response, email sent to Paypal again. Again no response

February 6 2020 – Sent message through message centre. No Respace

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Helpishere
New Community Member

Hi there,
I do not understand your situation, You have mentioned that your funds are held for 180 days. That only ever happens if you account is PERMANENTLY LIMITED. When your account is permanently limited you will not be able to use your paypal account to do business ever again and there is no way to appeal to get your account reinstated.
However on the other hand you can get Temporary limited - This usually happens if you're a new member to PayPal or your account has suspicious activities and they just want to confirm your identity. You can easily get your account reinstated by uploading the required ID or other information PayPal ask for.

Did you received any email confirming that your funds are held for 180 days?.

Login to Me Too

Benzonic
Contributor
Contributor

I got a notification from payapl on April 18 2019  “funds on hold for 180 days”

Despite phone calls and messages paypal would not say what the problem was. They have asked on several occasions for ID and Proof of address. 

This has been uploaded on numerous occasions. Paypal is now saying "you cannot use Paypal anymore"

I am not interested in doing business with Paypal anymore. I would just like to be able to withdraw the funds in the accounts.

Thank for the response. 

Login to Me Too

Benny331
Contributor
Contributor

I waited past the 180 days and they haven't sent anything back! I'm in process of getting a lawyer to get my money back. Paypal needs to be liable for all of this madness. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.