Withdrawal under Limitations

aaazmi
Contributor
Contributor

I had to change my name due to a misspeling so I sent in my ID to verify - they caught on that I had registered when I was under 18 HOWEVER I am now OVER 18 by a good couple of years. I’ve had the account for 4 years and this is causing a huge problem as I have over a few hundred dollars in my account for an instant future use. The email they’ve sent me stated that I cannot SEND and RECEIVE funds but it says I am allowed to WITHDRAW balance to my bank account, then close my paypal account and make a new one. HOWEVER I cannot withdraw any amount, even a dollar and this contradicts the email that they’ve sent me. They stated that they will hold my funds for 180 days - after 180 days does that mean they will allow me to withdraw the amount or they’ll take it? The situation is ridiculous as the email clearly said I can withdraw but I CANNOT. Can someone help me with this situation?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

aaazmi
Contributor
Contributor
So what I did was to personally call Paypal regarding this matter, and the person helping me was very helpful; he even did a follow up the next morning to ensure that everything went smoothly. What they can do after you’ve confirmed your ID is they can guide you on transferring money to a new account that you’ve made properly over 18 - there’s no need to wait for 180 days. Their customer service was proffesional to me and now my case is solved with no money lost.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aaazmi

You are unable to verify an underage account or withdraw funds from it.

However after 180 days if you contact customer services they have been known to send the funds to another account for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

aaazmi
Contributor
Contributor
So what I did was to personally call Paypal regarding this matter, and the person helping me was very helpful; he even did a follow up the next morning to ensure that everything went smoothly. What they can do after you’ve confirmed your ID is they can guide you on transferring money to a new account that you’ve made properly over 18 - there’s no need to wait for 180 days. Their customer service was proffesional to me and now my case is solved with no money lost.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.