Withdraw money and close an account

gra4ov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I've been using my account since 2006. I lived in Ukraine, but managed to open an account in the US. 

Now my account has been limited, so I can't approve US SSN and an address. 

I've been adviced by the support that I have to withdraw all money to the new account and close it. 

But I still cannot withdraw any money, coz my account is still limited, and I haven't got any reply from the support for the last 3 days! 

What should I do?

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Regards

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gra4ov 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are not allowed to use another countries paypal account.

As you can't verify it then its highly unlikely you will be able to withdraw any funds or close it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gra4ov
Contributor
Contributor

How come is it possible not to get my money?? 

It is my money and not Paypal's

There must be a solution!

But thanks for the answer

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gra4ov 

Its an illegally opened account as you are not legally allowed to open a paypal account in another country.

BUT if you open one in your own country paypal 'may' transfer the funds over for you if you contact them and ask.

But unfortunately as you are in the Ukraine the option to 'receive' funds in your country via paypal is not an option.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gra4ov
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. 

Yes, I have already opened my new account. I'm based in Poland now. So, can prove everything. 

How may I ask them for a transfer? Coz no one has been replying me in the message center for a week! 

Thanks for an assist once again. 

Regards 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gra4ov 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK (where the european c.s. is based) and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gra4ov
Contributor
Contributor

PayPalUK is redirecting me to PayPalPolska

And the ridiculous thing is I'm in the queue for the 3rd day to reach an agent via FB! 

what a joke! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.