Wish.com Refuse to refund me until I close a PayPal dispute case

Dabooj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Just wanted some advice on how to proceed with a refund request with Wish.com.

I received an incorrect item from Wish and contacted the customer support for a full refund. They took several days to respond and asked for additional photos which I provided but there was no progress being made. I then opened a dispute through PayPal.

Now, wish.com support keeps emailing directly to say they will not refund me unless I close my dispute with paypal.

From what I understand, if I close my case and do not receive a refund from wish.com or the seller then I can't re-open the dispute.

This seems like an attempt from wish.com to defraud me by closing the dispute against them. 

Any advice on this?

Regards,

Shuja

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Dabooj
Contributor
Contributor

Update on this case:

Wish.com continued to contact me outside of paypal and kept requesting that I close my dispute raised through paypal or they will not issue a refund.

After several emails, I notified the wish.com customer support that I will follow the procedure outlined by PayPal and if you are unwilling to resolve the issue then I will escalate the case. 

After this, the wish.com customer support closed the dispute I had raised within their site and claimed to have issued me a refund. It's been 5 days yet there's no sign of a refund. Wish.com have not responded or had any activity to the paypal dispute (only communicated outside of paypal). They have claimed it will take 14 days to process but I realised this could be an attempt to defraud me, as waiting for the 14 days for refund would have meant the paypal dispute deadline would have expired and the case would have been automatically closed.

Given wish.com's previous underhand tactics, I've decided to escalate the case to paypal regardless of their claims of issuing a refund.

Can anyone advise on this issue or a similar experience?

Regards,

Shuja

Login to Me Too

fbenford
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Did this get resolved?

Login to Me Too

BrendaMc07
Contributor
Contributor
Im also having the same issue...my item was 95e so i dont want to close the claim and them wish do nothing... Probably better to leave it with Paypal?? Any thoughts..thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrendaMc07 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.