Winny <removed>

Franny6
Contributor
Contributor

This person is a minipulated, liar and wouldnt want this to happen for anyone else! Apon purchasing a concert ticket i asked the seller a few common questions! How much is the ticket? Is the ticket for a Rotorua concert? And can the ticket be in my name? The sellers replie was $90 for the ticket, yes it is in Rotorua and they wanted a extra $30 for the name change..... i did what was required in order for me to obtain this concert ticket!. Now in return 2 days later i recieved a email attached was a concert ticket, to queenstown and no name change!!.. i replied back to the seller that i have no desire for a ticket in Queenstown as i live on a whole different island! I have Confronted the seller and letting them know that this ticket is not the ticket discription i was paying for. I put it to the resolution team but they closed my case saying that it wasnt a unauthorised transaction. This is obviously not okay otherwise i wouldnt be here So now i sit here with a ticket that is useless to me because its no where near where i live!!! And $150 out of pocket!!! so i have been trying to call PayPal but im not having any luck...... please help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Franny6 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

If you 'only' had that option when you opened a dispute and did not have the correct 'item received but not as described' then it sounds as if you paid usnig the friends/family option, is that correct or not? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Franny6
Contributor
Contributor

Yes thats it..... i was scammed and thats it never using paypal again, first and last time!!..... now Winny <removed>  is harassing me through emails, laughing and what not .... and **bleep** this **bleep**.... Thanks for nothing paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Franny6 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.