Will PayPal stop payment

Imehdavid
New Community Member
I purchased an iPod from eBay using my PayPal account on receipt of the ipod i found it was defective can i stop PayPal from paying them
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JD5261
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Imehdavid 

Welcome to PayPal community. 

Please note that once a payment has been completed, we can no longer cancel or stopped it. 

We recommend communicating with your seller first to work out a problem transaction. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your seller, you can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account with in 180 days from the date the payment was made. 

To know more about the dispute process, please visit How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong? 

Hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

JD5261
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Imehdavid 

Welcome to PayPal community. 

Please note that once a payment has been completed, we can no longer cancel or stopped it. 

We recommend communicating with your seller first to work out a problem transaction. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your seller, you can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account with in 180 days from the date the payment was made. 

To know more about the dispute process, please visit How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong? 

Hope it helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.