Will PayPal ban/suspend my account if I initiate a credit card chargeback?

njboot
Contributor
Contributor
I bought $1200 in bullion invoiced and paid through PayPal Goods and Services using a CC linked to my PayPal account. The package is heavily delayed with no USPS scan updates (stupidly not sent registered). In the event this package is really missing - my first step would be to contact the seller, but assuming there’s no resolution I would then open a PayPal dispute. The problem is I’m not sure if silver is covered under PayPal buyer protection (gold is not). I wasn’t aware of this until today. Apparently, it may not be* With all this in mind, I’m thinking I may potentially lose the dispute (any tips on how to not lose the dispute are welcome!) even though it’s a clear and cut item not received. If this is the case and I decide to then pursue a chargeback on my credit card (which I think I would definitely win), will PayPal suspend or ban my account? I’ve had an account in good standing for 15 years, I’m not sure if I want to blow that up - even over $1200. Any other advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I’m holding out hope it shows up, but “hope for the best plan for the worst” and all that, so yeah. Thank you! * https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Silver-bullion/td-p/1817785
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.