Will I actually receive some $ back?

jenslittlejems
Contributor
Contributor

So, who I thought was my buyer reported that it wasn't an approved purchase. I refunded the $. Then the dispute Dept. emailed me and said they had found in my favor...what does that mean? They also said any holds had been taken off the $. There has been no credit to my account so far, should I even expect one? I'm confuzzled!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jenslittlejems 

Why would you refund before paypal had made their decision?

By opening an unauthorised dispute the buyer was saying that their paypal account was hacked and used without their consent, however paypal would have checked IP addresses and if they think the buyer authorised it then you would keep the funds.

Now you have refunded her then there is no funds to release back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jenslittlejems 

If a dispute was opened on your transaction and the funds were immediately withheld pending outcome and then PayPal decided to cover you under seller protection or ruled in your favor, then the funds will and should be refunded to you.

If the problem of not receiving your funds persists, then contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If by chance you took additional action and issued a refund on your own then those funds in particular, can't be reversed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.