Wife's paypal refused refund?

neeeel
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had the unfortunate situation of not having goods delivered to them that they've bought, then the seller has shut down their selling page...clear cut scam! then had paypal tell you to contact trading standards??? Why else do we use paypal if not for the garentee of protection of our funds? A simple enquiry into the other paypal account and a request of recipient of the goods postage would prove it's never been sent and that it's a scam account, is there anyway to hold paypal accountable for not following the very rules as to why millions use their services?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neeeel 

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Did you escalate it to a claim?

Did paypal still find for the seller?

Did you fund your payment via a credit card?

Did you pay using the friends / family option or goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neeeel
Contributor
Contributor
Yes she disputed for non receipt of item and was advised there was nothing they could do? And to contact trading standards, yes my wife used her card but through paypal, No it wasn't a friends and family account. Any help would be appreciated
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neeeel 

Then all i can think of is that she didn't escalate to a claim OR the item itself was not covered by paypals buyer protection policy?

If you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.