Wife's debit card charged for payments to unknown paypal accounts

slyhog022056
New Community Member

My wife and i were checking our bank statements and we noticed several charges to different paypal accounts. none of these are accounts are ours or any we have ever used. She does not have a paypal account and never has. We are going to the bank in the morning tyo see what they can do about it. her debit card has never been linked to any paypal account at any time. we think we know whom the paypal accounts are for and we think her debit card info was stolen and used. The transactions through our bank don't require a pin number to complete the transactions, only the card number, exp date and 3 digit code along with zip code. How can we shut down these accounts that are using her information and recieve a refund of the money taken from her. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I recommend calling our customer service who can locate the payments/accounts and take the appropriate action. The number can be located under the Help/Contact tab at the bottom of the PayPal website.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.