Why my account literally got banned?

Sk3tch
Contributor
Contributor
Ive been VERY confused as to why my account has been COMPLETELY shutdown. The only reason i can think of is my ex used to do "sex work" and some guy got her account locked and right after mine got locked out as well. Mind you i have never done any of this and am not affiliated with sex work at all. How do i go about this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Sk3tch

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

There's a very small chance for you to reopen an account that was closed proactively by PayPal. They only close an account if you violated/broke the Account User Agreement. Normally, if it is not a major issue, we will just put limitation that can be lifted but if it was closed then it is a big issue. You can still use PayPal, but you have to open a new one. You can also contact Customer Service to get more explanation and reason for your account closure. Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.