Why is there no way to contact a real person on PayPal anymore.

getting-no-help
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally ordered from a phishing site. Toolsew.com I disputed the payment as unauthorized due to that I discovered it was a phishing site when I noticed that one of the addresses for this supposed business is a Hotmail and the other I'm not sure about but businesses do not have separate addresses for each transaction. I then check them out on the internet and found them to be a fishing site that is already reported. This site has actually been taken down. However scam pal the scammer's Buddy persists in refusing contact only allowing me to contact their automated system and if that isn't bad enough I had to cancel my debit card and remove my information from my account to prevent scam pal from paying these ripoff artists. It used to be that PayPal helped their customers and stopped them from becoming victims of fraud. This is no longer the case. I highly suggest everybody delete your account this is not a safe place to do business. For one there is no possible way to talk to a customer service agent. In fact PayPal no longer even lists their numbers from what I have seen but when you do call you get their automated system that runs you around in circles waste your time and when you finally get to be transferred to an agent you are transferred to a line that says we're sorry we cannot help you at this time and hangs up on you after keeping you on the phone for more than 20 minutes at times unless you know how to get past there multiple menus. The end result it's always a recorded message saying we're sorry we can't help you at this time. There are no enlisted email addresses to contact. And now scam pal the Buddy of the phishing site. Is telling me that a package that was delivered to the the opposite end of town where I live Even though not addressed to me is confirmation is that my package was delivered even though it was not delivered or addressed to me. And it certainly did not contain the two DeWalt nail guns that I ordered due to that when I talked to the postmaster he told me it only weighed 4 oz and a dewalt nail gun weighs at least 3 lb each. I have removed my bank account from PayPal. I had to cancel my card but thanks to scam pal and their animate attitude of help the scammer first. When all transactions I have going are finished I will delete my account and will never do business with scam pal again.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mito88 

@getting-no-help 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Paypal does not choose your sellers for you, they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions and who you purchase from.

If you bought from a scam website via a credit card and the card declined your claim (which they have been doing for these China web sites or Social Media ads) then would you close your credit card? Or if you paid via your bank account would you close your bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mito88
Contributor
Contributor
mine was authorized. My case is different
Login to Me Too

getting-no-help
Contributor
Contributor

yes and I would go to another bank.
 however my bank has already reviewed this case and the site tool sew is listed as a phishing site and has been taken down so they stopped payment and credited my money back canceled my card and issued me a new one.
 with my bank i was able to talk to a real person.

unlike pay pal that only allows a person to talk to an automated system.

Login to Me Too

getting-no-help
Contributor
Contributor

my bank gives me the option to stop payment if I believe a payment has been sent to a scam site.
 e bay gives the option to cancel your order.

pay pal gives no such option!

pay pal is not even giving the option to speak to a real person at this time.
   the moment I discovered that the tools payment for the tools I ordered was going to 2 separate email addresses and one being a hotmail I attempted to cancel my order and discovered that there was no option to cancel.
  I also found the site tool sew listed as a phishing site.
 I tried contacting  pay pal to stop payment and found that there was no option to do so and no option to speak to a costumer service representative other then a chat bot.
   my only option was to contact my bank and they canceled my bank card and credited the money back after they found that the site toolsew was listed as a phishing site.
 here are the two email address my payment was being sent to.

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

for those who don't know.
 it is a big red flag to have each order sent to a different email  address especially free email such as hot mail.

Pay Pal should have the option to cancel payment within the first 3 days or at least before the order is shipped and a tracking number is received.
  but the fact that there is no way to speak to a customer service agent other then a automated system makes pay pal unsafe to do business with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.