Why is the resolution team biased against the buyer?

Azure855
Contributor
Contributor
I recently made a purchase via paypal, the received goods were partially damaged. Cotacting the seller led nowhere, so I escalated a case via the resolution centre. Under Paypal's buyer protection policy, I believe I am entitled to either refund or replacement at the seller's expense. However, Paypal has informed me I must return the shipped items from Australia to Hong Kong, at my expense, before a refund can be considered. So the question - why is Paypal so biased against the buyer? And why does the resolution centre refuse to abide the promises set out in its own buyer protection policy? Additionally, who else has experienced this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Azure855,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with our dispute process. To receive a refund, the item must be returned to the seller like any other marketplace. While we will mitigate that process, we do not require the seller to provide a return shipping label. 

However, we do offer PayPal Refunded Return service. PayPal Refunded Returns is offered at no cost (free) only to consumers who have activated the service via their PayPal account. PayPal account must be in good standing. You can find more information about it here: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns . 

I hope that helps! Best of luck with your refund & return. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Azure855,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with our dispute process. To receive a refund, the item must be returned to the seller like any other marketplace. While we will mitigate that process, we do not require the seller to provide a return shipping label. 

However, we do offer PayPal Refunded Return service. PayPal Refunded Returns is offered at no cost (free) only to consumers who have activated the service via their PayPal account. PayPal account must be in good standing. You can find more information about it here: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns . 

I hope that helps! Best of luck with your refund & return. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Azure855
Contributor
Contributor
Jon K - Thank you for the reply. Just what I needed. Have been using paypal for ~15 years, and never knew that feature existed!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@Azure855 , 

Glad I could loop you in! It is one of our newer features, but we are trying to promote it as proactively as we can. 

Thank you for your business, have a great one!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.