Why is paypal lieing and avoiding me and synchrony bank

Chuck19742020
Contributor
Contributor

I had a paypal account and approved for PayPal credit. PayPal says I cant use paypal anymore which I never got to actually purchase anything and I waited the 24 hours just like they told me to which after 24 hours turned into 72 hours and still paypal wasnt letting me purchase anything at all so I reached out to paypal credit and they kept telling me my credit was good to go and should be working and still it would get denied and paypal made excuse after excuse and then got a notice i wasnt able to use paypal anymore at all but wont return e mails or messages they are trying to tell me they aren't open and available when clearly its during business hours. I have spoke with paypal credit and they dont understand what's going on either as my paypal credit with synchrony bank is perfectly fine and good to go and they cant get answers from paypal either. What can i do from herr if anything or is this crappy service from paypal normal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Has your account been limited? I'm confused about what exactly you're saying happened here.

If the account is limited then PayPal may be requesting documentation before they'll open it back up, or it could be permanently limited.

In either case, they likely block payments. What info are they giving you about the limitation? You should have gotten an email or something in the resolution center of your account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Chuck19742020
Contributor
Contributor
All I get is I can no no longer use pay pay I have sent in messages and emails and all I get is automated responses says there might be activity that violates user agreement but I haven't got to use this account 1 time lol
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You haven't used the account at all? Something triggered their risk management algorithms and flagged you as high risk, or more specifically, breaking actual policy rules.

That's highly unlikely if you haven't actually done anything at all with the account.

When you do use it, are you logged in to a VPN or anything like that?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Chuck19742020
Contributor
Contributor
No first time I tried it denied they told me must be paypal credit paypal credit said it wasnt so paypal said wait 24 hours I waited then it still denied paypal said wait 72 hours I did it still declined and at this point paypal isnt returning messages paypal credit still reassured my my credit is good to go. Then I get a message that I can no longer use paypal and paypal credit still assures me my credit line is good to go. Its ridiculous and worst customer service ever
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.