Why is it being delayed?

qpqw
Contributor
Contributor

I made a claim on the 21st Jan 2021 and since then it's just been getting delayed this must be like the 5th or 6th time. I've spoke to people on the phone and people on the message thing paypal has and they just say to wait but I ask for reasons and they can't give me. I'm just confused as how reading not even 300 words of information from both seller and me takes longer than 2 weeks. I would think a claim of £565.00 where I do not have the item and the tracking hasn't updated in over 2 weeks also where I've provided relevant screenshots it would be met with some haste at least giving the current world situation. Does paypal ever give reasons for delays and how long will this keep on happening has anyone else had this issue? I'm just confused as how this is taking so long and I'm checking everyday not for an update on the situation but to see how long they will be delaying it by and it seems like they delay it everyday. Is someone delaying it rather than sorting this out or are they just not bothering this is making me angry actually because I'm down £565.00 and I don't have my item. I'm using paypal incase something like this happens, something like this has happened and now they just delay with no reasons. Is there any way to speed this up or am I just going to keep on seeing the date get pushed further back and further back? Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Amazoman
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue. To me it is obvious that I have been subject to a scam. When you buy a coffee machine that cost $77 USD but get sent a small pack of fishing hooks. A blind man can see it is a scam. I cannot understand why the date of resolution keeps getting pushed further into the future. Shame on you PayPal . You obviously don't care about your customer base. I won't be using this method of payment in the future.  I also cannot understand why pay pal are protecting these scammers. I originally put the email of the place I attempted to buy from but the community would not allow me to submit my post with it in. I was only trying to protect the innocent.

Login to Me Too

qpqw
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah Im not sure sure how reading some a paragraph or few sentences takes longer than at least a week (giving them benefit of the doubt) especially if the item is of high value does make sense
Login to Me Too

Amazoman
Contributor
Contributor
Just checked ,my resolution date has been pushed forward again. What are you playing at?
Login to Me Too

Amazoman
Contributor
Contributor

My resolution date keeps being pushed further forward. I am completely frustrated with Pay Pal. My Barclaycard was my link to PayPal. I tried a different method of reimbursement. I phoned Barclaycard Fraud department, told them the story. They could see the transaction and immediately put the money back into my account. One phone call no fuss or **bleep** about like PayPal

I bet you can't guess which method of payment I will be using in the future for my online transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.