Why is PayPal holding my money hostage?

Yashisaur
Contributor
Contributor

So I've had multiple PayPal accounts over the years and all you do is setup email and phone number and that's it. No banking, no SSN, absolutely nothing else. Now they feel the need to take all my money hostage all because of an SSN, and now they want a bunch of documents to prove im me.. This is absolutely pathetic, all I do is send sma email payments to friends for things and now they think they can just take my money because they were lazy and didn't tell their users they had to put in information. I want my money and I don't need to put some SSN in all because it magically changed over night and wants my information now. PayPal has crossed the line.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yashisaur 

Policies change with all companies and security often gets tighter.

Its not your fault it changed but paypal have the right to update their policies if they want to.

However its your problem if you don't want to supply the information and access your funds isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yashisaur 

You are only allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is business and the other is personal.

Why you would need multiple accounts is strange?

However new security means paypal need to check i.d's of the people using those accounts.

So you either provide the info requested or your account would be limited unfortunately.

The new policy is outlined below and if you don't do as asked then its unlikely you can access your funds.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yashisaur
Contributor
Contributor
I've had no issues making a new account when I used an old email and wanted to switch. If they changed their terms of service, then make people enter their SSN and legal info in the sign up process. I just made a new account with a new email and phone number, that's all it takes and that's all was said with this account and the last one. They have no right to just steal all my funds and say, "oh hey overnight we changed all our policies and you can't have a single dime until you provide everything you never agreed to" they never told me to enter any of that information and so I never need to. It's their problem not mine.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yashisaur 

Well its your problem if you can't access your funds until you do as they say isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yashisaur
Contributor
Contributor
Oh so it's my fault PayPal let's you create a free account with only an email and phone number, but the second they want all this unnecessary information that was never mentioned it's apparently my issue? No it isn't, none of this was ever mentioned and the use of PayPal can be continued without sending them this useless information. This is such a joke, why force people to comply to things that were never mentioned for an entire year, and for some, 9 whole entire years without any issues and yet now I can't access my money until I feed into their little information game. This is out right stealing and everyone else will agree.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yashisaur 

Policies change with all companies and security often gets tighter.

Its not your fault it changed but paypal have the right to update their policies if they want to.

However its your problem if you don't want to supply the information and access your funds isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.