Why hasnt PayPal banned this cat cave company?

KC1969
Contributor
Contributor

I refuse to pay for return shopping to return a fraudulent item. I want to be made whole or I will take this company to court. DO NOT BUY. Real name is <Removed>. This forum wont allow me to post its name in Chinese letters. Name:<Removed> Address: <removed>, <removed> Province: Guangdong Zip/Post code[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]for the Beanstalk &amp;amp;amp; the Watermelon. They sent me felt and zipper junk found on the Wish app for $15. They refuse to return my money, reverse charges to my PayPal or send me what I ordered! I filed complaints with PayPal and the FTC. They are a scam. They are committing FRAUD. This Chinese company is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. CatCaveCo is the real company with made in America products. No fraud. They are also going after these people. DO NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY!

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

MelissaKawasaki
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing, I have to pay the fees to send back the scrap they sent me! And PayPal still keep making business with them, cause money is more important then their word. They say « shop with peace of mind ».
Login to Me Too

Phaseonecomms
Contributor
Contributor
This company know the return shipping will put most people off , & that’s no guarantee you will get your money back because you can only track the return to China mainland so they still say they didn’t get it back !!!!!!!! Pay pal cares about profit not service or customers !
Login to Me Too

MelissaKawasaki
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly!! I showed them many prooves and links on their Facebook page (paypal) and they did not like this... 😉 But they should oblige this company to pay the fees of return!! Nb : sorry for my english, French Canadian here.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MelissaKawasaki 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phaseonecomms 

Paypals 'customer' are both sellers AND buyers.

So how do you expect them to protect both parties at the same time?

They can't, so they give 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Phaseonecomms
Contributor
Contributor

If They advertise on Facebook a totally different product to the item they send out ( & the wrong quantity) & I as a customer provide proof to that ( which I did ) & paid for return by tracked mail of the item minus the $15 pay pal paid towards it only to be told it went missing in China that’s just **bleep** !!!!!! Pay pal make more money not banning that company even though it has so many complaints against it than looking after the consumer !!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phaseonecomms 

They do ban them when enough claims roll in but they just open under another name and start over.

At least if they keep the same name word may spread and they get less 'business'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Phaseonecomms
Contributor
Contributor

They could ban them based on their address! At least it would inconvenience them as they have inconvenienced so many consumers ! 

Login to Me Too

Shin1616
Contributor
Contributor

Check your tracking number with the following link, by selecting your carrier.

In my case it worked fine and I succeeded to track my package also in China to the final address! 

ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING | 17TRACK

Login to Me Too

Phaseonecomms
Contributor
Contributor
I sent mine usps tracked & it stopped tracking in China 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.