Why hasnt PayPal banned this cat cave company?

KC1969
Contributor
Contributor

I refuse to pay for return shopping to return a fraudulent item. I want to be made whole or I will take this company to court. DO NOT BUY. Real name is <Removed>. This forum wont allow me to post its name in Chinese letters. Name:<Removed> Address: <removed>, <removed> Province: Guangdong Zip/Post code[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]for the Beanstalk &amp;amp;amp; the Watermelon. They sent me felt and zipper junk found on the Wish app for $15. They refuse to return my money, reverse charges to my PayPal or send me what I ordered! I filed complaints with PayPal and the FTC. They are a scam. They are committing FRAUD. This Chinese company is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. CatCaveCo is the real company with made in America products. No fraud. They are also going after these people. DO NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY!

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

I have also been ripped off by this company, I unfortunately bought 3 “cat caves” the advertised items were not what arrived and as you say are worthless pieces of junk, not worth $10. PayPal is enabling this company (earned 100 million last year) to continue to steal from people without consequences and are also refusing to refund me unless I pay to return the items to China at a cost of $35 AUD, my worry is they will pretend they haven’t received the items or say they are damaged and I will be out of pocket for the total costs, or I get some money back but have to pay the return postage. We should be refunded in full and the company should be fined.
Login to Me Too

AlanLeeAlan

The same happened to me too! I ordered a mini chainsaw and they never sent it, they just sent me a chain! Useless without the saw itself. 

Login to Me Too

waderwader
Contributor
Contributor

I bought & paid for a mini chainsaw and was sent the chain only. They have now agreed to refund me in full if I send back the chain. I will be out of pocket for the shipping cost to China which, I believe, PayPal should look after as they are enabling this total rip-off/scam company to do business with them. 

Login to Me Too

Tallbridge
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing exactly the same situation as you guys. 

I have put my claim in the dispute resolution centre and the latest message said that a full-refund will be made if the package is returned to them by November 30th and the return cost is at my expense! The message did not leave any option for me to ask further questions. I do not believe I should be taking care of the return shipping fees as the seller sent me something that not the same as promised on their site. I don't know how Paypal could support such fraudulent activities. I will try to call the Help Center tomorrow. I see the seller has been posting their fake promo videos on social media under different names. 

Login to Me Too

Shin1616
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. This scam has been also reported by the real company catcaveco at the following link.

We Need Your Help! Copy-CATs are scamming fellow cat lovers! - Cat Cave Co

In my case the fraudlent account was "guidesky125" as reported in the above link.

I opened a claim with Paypal and sent the crap item back to the following address:

<removed>

I got refunded by Paypal for the shipping costs and now I'm waiting for the full compensation once the returned catcave will be delivered to this address, but I'm afraid it will be a fake address.

Moreover this address has been used several times for previously scam through paypal, they continue to change the seller account and go on with a new scam. Paypal knows this is a scam...I don't understand why these scammers are still able to cheat people through paypal. It is a total pain having back the money with the claim process.

Apparently it seems that Paypal is unable to stop them. They only said to me they will check for further proofs.
Glad to see I am not the only one.

Login to Me Too

Shin1616
Contributor
Contributor

***UPDATE***

After sending back the crap catcave and provided all the information that Paypal requested (tracking number pictures of the box with the address, etc), the package has been finally delivered to the above address! So it really exists, Unbelievable!

Then Paypal closed the dispute in my favor and I got totally refunded!

So guys, keep on with your claim and you will receive back your money! 

by the way this process has been a real pain in the *** ... Paypal didn't reassured me at all even if this scam was verified. 

Never give-up!!!

Login to Me Too

Melaniess2
New Community Member
So PayPal refunded the shipping charges as well as the original purchase amount?
Login to Me Too

Tallbridge
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

In my case, I finally got a closure to my case in December. Paypal refunded the money for the product and waived the requirement of sending the product back to China. The Paypal contact person was very nice and understanding. Phew!

Login to Me Too

Lynette13
Contributor
Contributor
How did you reach a contact person through PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.