Why doesn’t PayPal have buyer protection for non faulty returns?

Leopoldo3
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, I ordered from uksoccershop.com 2 1/2 weeks later I heard nothing so I got in touch, they said they didn’t know when it would arrive so I cancelled as I wouldn’t be there to sign for it, I also opened a buyer dispute (item not delivered). They sent it anyway left it at my door so I asked my neighbour to return it for me. Seller agreed to refund but well over a month and nothing. They also provided a tracking number to PayPal for dispute and therefore won it. I spoke to a PayPal advisor called John very cheeky told me I had no right to return the items without being instructed to by him and a signature is not compulsory.... So my questions are: 1/Why bother getting tracked if a signature doesn’t matter? So the package can just be left at the wrong door without getting signed for and PayPal don’t care? 2/Why do PayPal not align themselves with the 2013 consumer act which states that a consumer can return online goods (goods that they have not seen) for ANY reason they want in the condition they received them in within 14 days for a full refund. The buyer protection only protects people who never received their item or the goods are faulty which is so obvious... it’s the other people that need protection from corrupt companies like this lot who have done it loads according to their reviews. I paid with my PayPal balance so I can’t even get it off my card. There is no protection on PayPal for me, this company have the returns and my £200 or I would have just let it go.. I’m having to go through citizen advice and trading standards who have been brilliant my advice to anyway don’t ask help from PayPal because they are useless and yes I’ve probably made mistakes in grammar etc but I’m really tired of this saga but I felt I needed to warn other people about this company and PayPal lack of help or understanding.. just a money greedy company always siding with the side that they make more money from. Thanks for finishing reading if you never got bored!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leopoldo3 

Paypal does not cover buyer remorse.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leopoldo3
Contributor
Contributor
What a pointless stupid response... Yes because people buy from companies they know are going to keep the returns and their money... I also doubt many people know buyer protection doesn’t cover returns... Take it you gave yourself them stars?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leopoldo3 

Well if you actually READ the small section on buyer protection then you would be aware that they don't cover buyer remorse.

Why did you bother to post a question if you didn't want the answer which was factual and correct?

So..your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Leopoldo3
Contributor
Contributor
Well obviously I didn’t read the small print... Is this all you do all day is state the obvious in posts? Your statement answered no questions you were just being a smart **bleep**! I’m covered under consumer rights 2013. I don’t need people like you that crawl to PayPal defending them when we should all be covered under the same rights! If you read my question I asked WHY they don’t cover it..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leopoldo3 

Of course you have ''consumer rights'' but you were asking about Paypal presumably as this is Paypals forum.

So the answer I gave you is Paypal does not cover buyer remorse..................end of.

You chose NOT to read the small section on buyer protection (not in small print) then wonder why Paypal can't help you, well the answer to that is not rocket science.

And if being a smart bleep is saving folks from being scammed on a daily basis, then happy to have that title, thank you.   😀

Now off to help nice folks that say thank you. Feel free to post back but I am not wasting anymore of my time in reading your daft posts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.