Why doesn't PayPal answer the phone

AD176

I have been on hold for over an hour, yesterday almost 3 hours and still no answer. I have been asked for information to verify my identity, even though I have had my account for 5 years, and I have submitted it twice now. The box says reviewing your information but now my account has more limitations and I can't accept payments which is canceling all my eBay listings since the PayPal address is now not working. I'm freaking out. I don't know what the problem is and no one will answer the phone.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AD176

Maybe they were not happy with what you sent?

Can take 4+ hours to get through so your best bet is to put in on loudspeaker and wait till they pick up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shaffer94
Contributor
Contributor

Now they literally have ZERO phone agents.  You call and they tell you to go online and then hang up on you.  I have been working on an issue with their team over a useless chat for almost a week now... The COVID excuse is just as dumb. This companies stock has doubled since COVID and they have plenty of cash flow for actual employees.  It's even more of a stupid excuse due to the fact that a phone rep job CAN be done remotely.  Hundreds of other companies can do it yet this 215 billion dollar cap company can't hire anyone to take calls?   Not only that but their chat feature is totally useless and can take more than half a day!  Then you get a new tech EVERY time who doesn't understand your issue and gives an obnoxious troubleshooting step that has been told you fifteen other times. It's going in circles and circles and your problem never gets resolved.  Paypal sits back making their money while small businesses can't have their problems resolved.

Login to Me Too

jacob_123
Contributor
Contributor

replying to shaffer94: this is exactly what I was thinking, 

To me, it looks like they have just waited for a reason to fire their customer service team, but a few remained, making it the most difficult thing to get some help from them, the model of it is designed to get you frustrated (it's like saying: if I will help you, at least I will to make you really frustrated in the process) what is the combination of covid, with no customer service? I think this is their "response to covid"/our struggles),
to me they're just screaming: please use other services, we are not here for you (and PayPal, please take out this line "looking forward to assisting you"

I can't understand how they are so big, with that kind of customer service, and I'm not saying this out of hate, I'm really wondering, something doesn't make sense here.

btw: Xoom it's the same as PayPal, you get a message "no one is available to take your call" it's like calling your friend(?) in the middle of the night.

Login to Me Too

Lucky44
New Community Member
Whats going paypal have been calling and no answer?
Login to Me Too

octaviajj
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me. I am furious. They have taken a fee for something that should not have a fee attached to it. I don't know what to do, what you described is my exact experience.

Login to Me Too

G_Rosethorn
Contributor
Contributor
I've been having the same issues!!!! BOTH OF MY PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN PENDING FOR WEEKS AND THEY HAVE BASICALLY STOLEN MY MONEY.
Login to Me Too

octaviajj
Contributor
Contributor

Same, I am at a loss and so angry.

Login to Me Too

Aurrix1
Contributor
Contributor

My account just went limited and I cant explain myself to anyone. They wont take my calls and because of them I cant refund people on ebay that I need to refund. They wont answer calls and their messages are useless. Paypal needs to shut down. There is nothing good about them or their customer service. They limit accounts and dont even explain why. IM FURIOUS I HAVE $1000+ IN MY ACCOUNT AND I CANT EVEN GET ACCESS TO IT? NOT FOR 180 DAYS? WHAT THE HELL 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.