Why does Paypals customer service suck

bigdaddylester
Contributor
Contributor

So recently i got scammed through paypal and i didnt know what to do so i when to the resolution center and i opened a case but the only option at the time was unauthorized payment but i didnt know that i couldnt reopen the case but now im stuck and i need help but paypals Customer Service is so bad that i cant even get an email back or even get information about a phone number. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dutchy1979
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing i ordered on a scam site and found out it was a scam site the same day. At the same day i could only open the unauthorised transaction option. Which was denied by Paypal (i ordered myself no one else did that). I couldnt reopen a new dispute. An the messenge center did not reply at first. But then i contacted @askpaypal on Twitter and they did reply. They did reopen my dispute because i didnt receive any product scam site didnt even send a track and trace code. Paypal contacted the seller and after the time went by that they could reply i received a full refund.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bigdaddylester 

How did you pay? Was it goods/services OR friends/family, only if it was the latter then unauthorised would be your only option as you sent a gift of money and not payment for an item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bigdaddylester
Contributor
Contributor

can i still repoen it for a dispute because at the time i did not know how to work the paypal app @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bigdaddylester 

You would need to answer my question first in my previous post before i can answer that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bigdaddylester
Contributor
Contributor

family/friends

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dutchy1979
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing i ordered on a scam site and found out it was a scam site the same day. At the same day i could only open the unauthorised transaction option. Which was denied by Paypal (i ordered myself no one else did that). I couldnt reopen a new dispute. An the messenge center did not reply at first. But then i contacted @askpaypal on Twitter and they did reply. They did reopen my dispute because i didnt receive any product scam site didnt even send a track and trace code. Paypal contacted the seller and after the time went by that they could reply i received a full refund.
Login to Me Too

bigdaddylester
Contributor
Contributor

Alright thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.