Why does PayPal not protect buyers?

Ghoststalker
Contributor
Contributor

Help me understand the conclusion with their denied resolution: I purchased clothing from a company, one item was sent was not to my liking. It really was not materially similar to what was on the website. I emailed the seller in June, yet after obfuscating about the condition and covid-19 response rate, they are refusing to cooperate with me and their stated policy of accepting a return and replacement. They do not return any more e-mails and the only e-mail they sent me explains I should accept what I have and give it to a family member. PayPal investigated the dispute and finally concluded that the item I have is materially similar and a partial value I paid will not be refunded. I am confused behind the conclusion. Can someone please define how PayPal concludes similarity. The item I wanted to return is in no way "materially similar". How can either the merchant with communication with PayPal, or PayPal know how materially different the product is without further questions to me? Why does PayPal not protect the buyer in this case? Particularly from a business that was communicating with me using an email address that seems like a PayPal phishing address. (<removed>)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.