Why did PayPal permanently limit my account

jayisweird
Contributor
Contributor
I'm currently in the middle of a lockdown in Tbilisi Georgia, where we are not supposed to leave home unless we absolutely have to. I'm an expat. A person I know got robbed over the weekend, I didn't have any money on my Georgian bank account, so I added one of my Visa cards from where I'm born and sent him $55usd to help out. I get a notification that my account is temporarily restricted pending review, I submitted my passport, statement, and advised I sent the money to help someone I know that was robbed recently. Explaining I didn't want do it in person because we are in lockdown. The next day I'm notified that my account is permanently disabled. There are 30 days I can dispute within, and when I asked why, they said they cannot tell me why. I reread the user agreement and I broke no rules. Right now being in lockdown, I will most likely need to be able to use PayPal more than ever. I never used it for buying things from sellers, and I don't sell anything. I don't understand what I did wrong.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayisweird 

Sadly they don't give you reasons.

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayisweird 

Sadly they don't give you reasons.

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jayisweird
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your advice, I have messaged them again. I didn't know about Twitter / Facebook (I deleted my social media ions ago) I will ask someone I know if they can send a message for me though. Your info has been very helpful 😊
Login to Me Too

David_Enrosa
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately , I did contact them on social media and they said they gonna send expert to me and never replied me again. My account is permanently limit now and i could not sell my software or coin. When ever I ask them about my limitation on help center they tell me I will get my money back after 6 months. I am hiding from my customers now because i can't take the money.

Login to Me Too

Saranmahan
I submitted documents asked by them to resolve my account and i didnt recieve any mail about it. What i always get is automated messages which are same always. Please someone help me
Login to Me Too

JimBob1981
Going through this now. My wife is in another state, right now. She has a medical problem, and needed money. So I signed up on PayPal, sent her the money. She got it, but I need to send her some more, and my account is limited.
Login to Me Too

Amenth
New Community Member
My account got permanently limited and I have not been able to contact them except for on twitter where the guy said they should send an email with an explanation, which they didn’t, and said I had to wait 180 days for the money sitting in my account great.
Login to Me Too

JustAnnoy
New Community Member
I dont understand why this stupid paypal just simply want find trouble. Keep limit my account and keep asking me send document. This is not the 1st time. And seriously all my fund are still inside the wallet. This is one of the daylight robbery company that charging a high transaction fee and yet is the most cannot make it company. I seriously not sure how long they going to vet through the document and reply on my issue..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.