Why Paypal taking forever to resolve a dispute. 40+ days

racerad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, one of my customer opened an item not received dispute in late June. The case has been opened and still under review for more than a month. The customer have already received the item with the tracking provided since the first week of July, so why have Paypal keep delaying the verdict? They've been pushing the timeline further and further. What happens if they push it until the tracking expires? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dincas
New Community Member

Same here. The seller sent an empty small box in small envelope instead if 6-7 ilb bread machine. Paypal sets a deadline for resolution as seller in snot responding and every time deadline date comes. You go to system and date moved another 6-7 days..

It is great cycle.. The purchase from May. This purchase gurantee is not real if it takes this long credit card companies do this seamlessly..

Login to Me Too

Mugen27
New Community Member

July 20th case opened....still waiting.   Almost 6 months since initial order of item that hasn't been received.

Login to Me Too

jjykim
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. I had cancelled a dispute because the seller eventually provided the service that they promised. I cancelled the dispute with my Credit card, Chase, back in October. It's been almost a month and Paypal still refuses to release the funds to the vendor. I think this is a cheap ploy they're using to hold onto the money. 

Think about it. The longer they hold onto the money, the more interest they can earn? Paypal is getting shadier and shadier by the day. Stripe is a better alternative than Paypal IMO. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.