Why Paypal is not as trustworthy as it used to be?

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

I've using PayPal for fourteenth years and always considered it a beacon of ethics on online small business. Lately, it is not longer what it used to be. the representatives over the phone tell lies.  They "agree" with you and tell you that they will reopen your case for item not received after they close it when the seller finally send a wrong item. After two phone calls with two different representatives that agreed with my claim, I do not see any info of my case in the resolution center. AND I AM LOSING $299.00 WITH A SCAM SELLER.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carlos311 

Keep trying, you may eventually get an agent with a brain cell that doesn't just read off a script and will actually do what you ask.

You can always ask for their name and then after they say they will open the case tell them that you recorded them saying that and if they don't do it then you will hold them personally responsible for their lies................worth a shot?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a new rep and he re opened the case. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your advise. I'm waiting for a final decision after a new rep re opened the case.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Where did you make your purchase? Was it a reputable seller to begin with?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

No. the seller is a bad reputed one. I knew it after i read his feedback.

I talked to a new rep and he re opened the case. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a new rep and he re opened the case. I'm waiting for a final decision. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a new rep and he re opened the case. Now, I'm waiting for a final decision. Thank you so much for your advise.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carlos311 

Have to reopen case as Significantly Not As Described.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Carlos311
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a new rep and he reopened the case. i am waiting for a final decision. Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.