Why Paypal is charging more than expected?

jlrv
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some Microsoft´s licenses, Office and Win10, and I payed with paypal, $99.99 and $119 respectively. In my paypal account, in Summary it shows the same amounts but in reality my credit card was charged $111,34 and $133,64.

paypal.png

So why it is happening? a bug or what?

P.S. Also, I bought an item on ebay for $79.99 with free shipping and this time I payed directly with my credit card and I was charged by a paypal account for  $89.xx.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Drew

Hi @jlrv

I apologize if these transactions have caused confusion. PayPal is essentially a wallet where you can have many payment methods added to your account to make purchases. The reason you use PayPal is that we protect your financial information as we do not send it to any merchant you make a purchase with. So, for this payment, you would've selected to use your card as the payment method. I hope this helps. 🙂 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Lavli0918
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I ordered a $46 @ ebay last week and I didn't even use paypal. So I was charged at with my bank and after a couple of days I am charged $119with Paypal?! **bleep**

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lavli0918,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! If you see a transaction that you do not recognize or feel there was a billing error on, please make sure you report it using the information in this Help Center article

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lavli0918
Contributor
Contributor

After I reported, the amount has been returned the next day. But just yesterday, $119 has been withdrawn again? What the **bleep** is wrong this time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.