Why Is PayPal No Longer Allowing Me to Pay with PayPal with an Average Merchant?

saradool
New Community Member

PayPal is not paying my merchants. When I purchase something if PayPal is an option I use it for extra security.  However, the past few times, PayPal has not allowed the transaction to go through. The merchant tells me it's a PayPal issue.  When I get on PayPal chat, PP tells me to cancel the order with the merchant and use a different payment option.  My question is, why is that credit card not working with PayPal any longer?!  My available credit balance is over $1000.  I'm just trying to purchase a pair of $98 yoga pants.  What is the problem?!  The PayPal customer phone service hangs up as they state in a recorded message that they have too many phone calls and for me to reach out to chat.  Ugh.  Chat can't help.  Chat's ideas were easy for PP but it never gets to the issue.  There's a reason this keeps happening.  I for one want to know, but I'm just their customer.  Silly me for wanting to know why PayPal can't process some of my payments.  Meanwhile, they allow Facebook to pull money out of my credit card account for FB ads.  I'm using them for my students who want to purchase my online courses via PayPal.  But I can't purchase a pair of $98 yoga pants or some other odd item.  Any ideas?  Who can I speak to? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.