Why I can't change my name?

cricku
Contributor
Contributor

In Resolution center it says that " Your account access is limited", and when I go to account limitations I see the message below:

"You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money."

My account was locked around 2012 because I was created my account using my nickname as my name and I didn't know how to change it back then. Recently I wanted to give a try and see if I can log in back to my Paypal account. I successfully log in, I manage to add my phone number, card, bank account and verify them. After that, I submitted a request to Paypal in order to change my name and I was attaching all the documentation that they request. Today I receive the below email from Paypal:

"

Dear Cricku <removed>,

When opening a PayPal account, we require that the information you enter is true and accurate. The name that you list as the contact name should match your legal name.

We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that the name on the PayPal account doesn't match the name on your ID. Therefore, we now need to permanently limit your account functionality. From now on, you can not send or receive money from this account.

If you've outstanding buyer complaints and you want to refund your customers, you can do so via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account.

To continue using our service, please open a new PayPal account. You'll need to use a different email address.

If you have a PayPal balance, you can withdraw it to your bank account."

As you can see the message from my account and the mail that I receive today are in contradictory. Can I create another account using my real name this time (and not my nickname) using the same bank account and card? Can I change my name on my existing account?, cause I don't understand anything.

Thanks,

Andrei

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.