Why Does PayPal Allow companies to Abuse Customers

Litch8510
Contributor
Contributor

i had order a saw from Shenzhen Jiumenghudong Network Technology Co., Ltd. in July . They never shipped it . then one day in the Mail i received a Credit card sized set of Dollar store Drills .  After going thru thru process online of Course . it dragged out they would not let me post pic of what i received Not What i Ordered of Course . To Show PP What this company is Doing . On he Message Boards there are Multiple Problem with this Company . You Would think PP Would Warn Block the Use of them so No One Else would get Taken Advantage of . I have tried the Dispute Process and called for an Agent every time getting sent to the Black hole Dispute department by Operators "Well Their not Open Yet "   Be Warned About this Company Shenzhen Jiumenghudong Network Technology Co., Ltd.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Litch8510 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Have you resolved the dispute? Have you had a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

Report both the seller, and Paypal to your states attorney general.   Also if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge to paypal through your credit card company.   Paypal is being very complacent by enabling these fradulent scammers.    Even if you sent it back, what would happen is that the address they would give you in China would be wrong.  So then the seller can tell Paypal they never received the return item back and Paypal will find in their favor again anyway.

These scams have been going on for months, there's hundreds of posts both here and on other sites (Nest/Google is a popular site they spoof) even the BBB has had articles/reports of this exact scam manipulating Paypal's policies to fraudulently take advantage of buyers. It's hard to believe Paypal is so incompetent they are not aware of it, yet they are still allowing these scammers to work their policies while buyers are victims. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.