Why Did Paypal Withdraw 10 Dollars From My Account?

kustody
New Community Member

Hello Mercedes <removed>,

We reviewed your transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized.

We previously issued you a provisional credit for your transaction(s). We now need to debit the full amount of the transaction(s) in the amount of $9.99 USD from your PayPal account.  What does this mean?

It is listed as a Bonus Transaction.

Payment details

Gross Amount$9.99 USDPayPal Fee$0.00 USDNet Amount$9.99 USD Reason Payout of buyer spoof unauthPaid by PayPalFunding detailsFunding Type: PayPal BalanceFunding Source: $9.99 USD - PayPal Account

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kustody

Looks as if you filed a dispute for an unauthorised payment so paypal gave you that payment back but then found out it was NOT unauthorised so they took it back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kustody
New Community Member

Yeah, I requested a refund a month back because it said I made a payment for an Xbox Live Card worth 10 dollars, which I DID NOT buy. I don't even use my Xbox. Why are they taking it from my account now?

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kustody

Because they don't agree that it was unauthorised.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kustody
New Community Member

@kernowlass

Oh, so I got cheated out of 10 dollars basically. Well, thank you for opening my eyes.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kustody

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.