Why Charity Donation was Treated as a BoA Cash Advance @ 26% Interest?

CraigS26
Contributor
Contributor

I Deleted my PayPal Acct (there was NO REAL support source for me) & just re-joined Only to ask this Community why a standard donation on the local Humane Society web page -- <removed> -- Clk'd site's PayPal button as fund source --- resulted in a $10 "non-bank" Fee by Merrill Lynch/Bank of America Visa AND as a CASH ADVANCE at 26% INTEREST!!!!! FAQ states THAT doesn't happen. The Sppt module Makes You Inquire about such an issue by declaring it an - UNauthorized Charge (NO logical category for my issue exists) -- which to ME it WAS - BUT the (presumed) Artificial Intell declared ONLY that it was an AUTHORIZED Charge and cared NOTHING of the REAL ISSUE I ASKED ABOUT-- WHY the CASH ADVANCE treatment with BoA Visa. NEVER has a Charity Donation been treated as such.

Can you Access a Human to discuss such issues in the future? HOW if Yes?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CraigS26
Contributor
Contributor

Finally discovered PayPal's secret 800 Phone Sppt and the Rep stated they didn't send the Donation data to BoA Visa any differently than a grocery purchase. Merrill Lynch/BoA Visa Supv stated Visa/Mastercard changed something so that a Merchant CODE can determine whether a charge is treated as a grocery purchase OR a Cash Advance. No idea IF Paypal has anything to do with those Merchant Codes BUT it appears PayPal is a RISKY Choice to use for Charity Donations. A 10/23 Donation to a natl children's hospital processed fine; The local Humane Society triggered a Cash Advance.

Won't use PayPal for Donations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.