Who should I report PayPal to for allowing fraud?

mogmai
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an order from a seller called Orderplus/ Inkshe. They only sent one item out of an order of four items. PayPal declined my dispute because they sent one item. PayPal recommended I work with the seller and the seller told me I would be given a refund if I dropped the dispute. I dropped the dispute and they ghosted me. I understand I made a mistake and got scammed; however, I looked up this company and found that there are over 1000 other customers who have been similarly defrauded. PayPal claims to be investigating the seller; however, they clearly are not. In addition, they have no interest in the fact that this seller is using PayPal to defraud customers. If each customer had a similarly valued order, then this is $100,000 in fraud which is no small sum. Any recommendations on who to contact in the US to get PayPal to be held accountable for knowingly allowing customers to get scammed?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ilyarfc
Contributor
Contributor
You need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on this community site. PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers (in China and likely elsewhere). We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we bought and paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China. We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem. And, you’re correct - this adds up to 100s of 1000s of dollars being fraudulently stolen when you think of the number of people who are going through this at $100-$200 per buyer. It needs to stop! We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.