Who can I email to get help with a photoshopped receipt?

Birb
Contributor
Contributor

I'm being accused of logging into my ex's paypal account and sending 3500 USD to myself. 

It's complete bs, I don't know his login information, and in the "receipt" it shows the amount in USD while neither of us are in America (he is UK, I am Australia). Not only that, I had closed the paypal account he claimed it was sent to, back in July, because he was sending me money requests. The receipt shows I "sent myself the money" on 9th Oct, I have no notification from PayPal indicating any activity on the closed account email.

I would do nothing, except he is spreading misinformation about me to my friends, with my full name and a personal email address attached. Thankfully my account being closed, they don't believe him, but I would still like to be able to speak with PayPal about this and see if something can be done.

Can I somehow contact PayPal staff via Email with this issue? Which path should I take from the "Contact Us" section of the site to talk to the appropriate department?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Birb 

I would click on legal bottom of paypal pages > acceptable use policy > then there is a link on the word 'report' to report violations of any of paypals policies, that may cover it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Birb 

I would click on legal bottom of paypal pages > acceptable use policy > then there is a link on the word 'report' to report violations of any of paypals policies, that may cover it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.