cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Sending Money to a Friend, It Was Accidentally Was Sent as Goods & Services

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

While Sending Money to a Friend, It Was Accidentally Was Sent as Goods & Services

I sent money to a friend, but they were charged $42 because I accidentally sent the money as 'goods & services'. I'd like to redo the process as a payment to 'friends & family' and have the refunded the $42.00. How can I (or they) do this?  Thank you in advance for you help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: While Sending Money to a Friend, It Was Accidentally Was Sent as Goods & Services

@project1090 

The recipient can issue a refund for you to resend as friends and family but make sure they refund before Oct 11 when PayPal no longer refund the 2.9% PayPal fee as well as the 30 cent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: While Sending Money to a Friend, It Was Accidentally Was Sent as Goods & Services

@project1090 

The recipient can issue a refund for you to resend as friends and family but make sure they refund before Oct 11 when PayPal no longer refund the 2.9% PayPal fee as well as the 30 cent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

@project1090. This is not really an accident. The PayPal app's recent update (I believe Oct 5 or about) changed so that when you send money to someone, that you have sent money to previously I believe, it defaults to "goods and services" and unless you pay real close attention, you could press send and the recipient will be charged 2.9% fee. Most likely, PayPal did that on purpose to charge people who don't pay close attention to the fine printed selection. Best case, it is a flaw in the app and some incompetent app developer did it and with their shoddy QA process, the bug went unnoticed. Either way, paypal sucks. Better use Venmo.