Which dispute should I file for a missing item?

desidanielle97
New Community Member

Hi! I ordered two items from someones online store in another country. They never shipped my package out, but after a few emails they finally shipped it. I received the package a week ago, and only one item was inside. I've tried to get in contact with the owner multiple times about the missing item but she's not responding. This will be the first dispute I've had to open on PayPal so can anyone tell me which dispute I should open to get my money back for the missing item?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@desidanielle97 

As the seller can prove delivery of the item to you with a tracking number then DO NOT open a dispute for non receipt.

You need to open a dispute for item received but not as described ie 1 instead of 2.

However if you win and the seller does not send the second or do a part refund then paypal who do not deal in part refunds etc may require you to send back what you have received before you get a refund for the whole amount....wait till they tell you to do so though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@desidanielle97 

As the seller can prove delivery of the item to you with a tracking number then DO NOT open a dispute for non receipt.

You need to open a dispute for item received but not as described ie 1 instead of 2.

However if you win and the seller does not send the second or do a part refund then paypal who do not deal in part refunds etc may require you to send back what you have received before you get a refund for the whole amount....wait till they tell you to do so though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.