Where's the seller Protection? Buyers Return used item 3 months later is a joke

penguin707
New Community Member

who else has been getting **bleep** over by people filing a return 3 months later? i sold used items in auction as if i were selling it at a yard sale or flea market. The buyers even sent me messages saying they got item and "loved item". then all a sudden months later paypal approves return on "item not as described" when the people told me they "love it" how the hell can paypal accept and choose buyers side?  i been on the phone with them off and on and tell me 1 thing and then say another. funning in circles. If i buy used item and had for 1/2/3 months i wouldn't even think of returning it.Example: I asked them "so your saying i can buy a pair of shoes wear them for 179 days and then return them for full refund" well i guess so. B.S. No seller protection. 180 days for return needs to be cut to 18 days.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@penguin707

A buyer can file a dispute up to 180 days, that brings it in line with c.c. chargeback timescales on the main.

If its an item receieved but not as described dispute then its always one persons word against anothers so paypal do 'tend' to find for the buyer BUT the buyer does have to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

penguin707
New Community Member

one item was returned damaged. cracked. i been trying to send pics to paypal and idk how to ? i called them they open a claim or case appeal but nothin on my end. How can they take buyers side when buy personally messaged me saying "they love item, thank you"?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.