Where is the money?

ouliu
Contributor
Contributor

My customer opened a case by mistake, but after reviewing by Paypal, Paypal closed the case in buyer side. The money was withdrew to Chargeback Settlement on 19/10/2018. I contacted the seller to pay me again, but they said they didn't get the money. So where is the money now? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ouliu wrote:

My customer opened a case by mistake, but after reviewing by Paypal, Paypal closed the case in buyer side. The money was withdrew to Chargeback Settlement on 19/10/2018. I contacted the seller to pay me again, but they said they didn't get the money. So where is the money now? 

Chargebacks are done through the credit card issuer against Paypal and you are held liable. The funds are credited to the buyer's credit card so buyer should check their card account/statement. If the refund is there, they should send you a payment for their error. The funds that are held for the dispute is paid to the credit card company by PayPal and you get charged the $20 chargeback fee.

But you should find out why PayPal did not cover you for the chargeback. Did you sell intangible goods? You can read seller protection terms to see why:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ouliu
Contributor
Contributor

But how long normally does it take the funds be credited to buyer's bank account? I contacted Paypal by email, they said they are waiting the bank decision. Should I wait or contact the buyer again?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.