Where is my refund

Guto01
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a product off depop and it never arrived. Then I opened a dispute on PayPal and then was issued a refund. I got an email off PayPal saying I will receive the refund and please wait 30 days bla bla. But on my PayPal it says ‘REFUND COMPLETED’ but the money is not in my bank or in PayPal. So where is my money and how long does it normally take because It’s been 3 days since the email now
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Guto01

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Guto01

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Guto01
Contributor
Contributor
So it can take up to 30 days?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Guto01

Did you read my last sentence? I can't put it anymore clearer than that unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Guto01
Contributor
Contributor
been a few days now still not here, im in uk
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Guto01

Where in this sentence did I mention 'a few days?'

Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine,

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Craigy8989
Contributor
Contributor
My refund has been sent back to my PayPal and then sent straight back to my back, how long will it take to go into my bank from PayPal as I thought it was instant as its same for depositing.
Login to Me Too

M_birch20
New Community Member

Can someone help me ? I ordered something of eBay it came and they gave me a partial refund and PAYPAL have giving me confirmation that its there etc . And it isn’t can someone help me 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.