Where did I go wrong?

NackJich
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a reversing camera with android connection for my car from a Chinese supplier. I bought it having seen a facebook ad. When I received it I was disappointed to see that they had sent me a piece of rubbish that would not look good on my car, and it was wired (not android). I started the dispute process and at my own expense £10 or so posted it back to the address supplied to me by PayPal. I provided PayPal with tracking information. 

A week or so later paypal contact me and advise me that because they do not have evidence that the product reached its destination in China, that the case was closed. Next arrives an email from Paypal asking me to complete one of those customer dissatisfaction surveys. I think to myself  I'll wait a couple of weeks more to see if the parcel is eventually delivered. Okay just now I click on the tracking link. Parcel Delivered. I go back to my account to fill in the survey. Survey is closed. A fool and his money is easily parted? Yes with the help of Paypal. Another item I have just received is not what I ordered. I ordered a drone and received a remote control toy. Obviously I made this order prior to realising that these scams are happening. I will never buy from a Facebook ad again. ZHANG XUEYING is the name of the seller. Why did PayPal not allow sufficient time for this to get back to the seller before closing my case?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NackJich

CALL THEM AND APPEAL THE DECISION BASED ON THE FACT TRACKING NOW SHOWS DELIVERY..................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

If still no luck then if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NackJich
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass.. I'll give it a try

Login to Me Too

yinchar
Contributor
Contributor

Currently, having the same situation. Mine is an item worth $1000. The seller shipped a wrong item confessed he didnt know he shipped a wrong item, now evading return delivery after I paid for the return shipping from my pocket. Yet Paypal is siding with the seller. How interesting he gets to keep his item and my $1000. 

Fraudulent sellers are exploiting this loophole. They will ship a different item from what was purchased, knowing you cant get your money back until you return the item, you return the item, then they start evading the delivery of the return parcel. Yet Paypal will decide in their favour. 

Why would a buyer suffer for the mistake of a seller that shipped a different item? I don't just get it. What is the punishment for a mischievous seller like that?

Yet Paypal decides in their favour.

Login to Me Too

NackJich
Contributor
Contributor

yinchar..ouch $1000. Facebook are complicit in this. This seems to be the racket .. An item appears in the feed which is innovative and inexpensive. You purchase it using Paypal. You receive an item worth a fraction of what you ordered. For the first item I ordered there was not even an email acknowledgement. The name and address for return provided by PayPal was different to the one on the parcel. I sent it back but I did not have much hope of getting any money back. I guess it will depend on Mr.Dishonest Chinaman acknowledging that he has received the correct item back. If so I have no hope. If my tracking information will suffice then I might be in with a chance. But why did Paypal act so quickly to refuse my claim? They must be inundated with this type of claim yet they allow these people to use our money systems to defraud us....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.